Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hemodialysis sucks!!!

I'm not diabetic, and I often got dehydrated doing peritoneal dialysis ("PD"), but not being able to drink on hemodialysis, is torture! Thought I'd let you know.
I left dialysis yesterday at 59.8 kg. To maintain anywhere near that weight, would mean drinking less than a glass of water, and including ice in that measurement, so less than a glass of water and ice combined. But I do drink a lot. Not sure why. I'm not diabetic, but I get really thirsty really easily. No, not thirsty enough to maintain myself during "PD," but too much for hemo.
I hate hemo, I truly do. I hope and pray that next month (a month from today) will be my transplant, and that I can keep my new kidney for the rest of my life, so that I can drink like normal again!!!! I pray that earnestly, I do. Because if I should somehow lose my kidney and wind up doing this hemo crap again, I will want much to die. I'd also be starting groups: Waterholics Anonymous, and Iceaholics Anonymous. I truly don't want it to have to come down to that...that I'd have to start such support groups. Far be it from me to have to do that!!
Hemodialysis can go suck a lemon, it truly can.
Thanks for reading.
xoxo

No comments: