Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One week left...

So you know, I'll be busy for awhile.
One week from today...Sep. 1st, 2010...is the day I get my life-saving kidney transplant.
I thank my donor, if she should happen to read this...THANK YOU, WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL!!!!!!
I'm excited, believe me, I'm excited. I'm just trying not to get toooo excited, after what happened last year. I had a living donor then too, but our surgeries were canceled at the last minute. That donor and I didn't even hear why...just suddenly, we were canceled. We were both VERY upset by that. Knowing that even in this next week, something could happen, I'm just not getting too excited, but I am very happy about my big day being just around the corner.
As the recipient, I get to stay in the hospital for a week or so...Then, when I come home, I'll be pretty much out of commission for about six months or so...except for having to go to a lot of doctors' appointments and lab tests.
Anyway, so that's what I'll be up to for awhile. I'll return to my story here as I am able, but I'm not going to push myself during the recovery period. I'm going to take it easy...please bear with me if I'm not on here much.
Thanks for reading this post, and all the others that you may have read here!! Love ya!! xoxo

No comments: